Traveling & Roaming
We all know that when traveling abroad mobile phone roaming charges can be very high. Receiving and placing calls doesn't feel as easy as when at home. With Globo Call virtual telephone number solutions now comes your chance to completely get rid of roaming charges. Here's how it works
- Before leaving for your trip order a virtual telephone number in the country of your current residence.
- In our web-based virtual telephone number management system, assign a temporary telephone number or Skype account as the destination for incoming calls.
- Right before leaving for your trip, configure on your mobile phone to forward all incoming calls to your new virtual telephone number. You are free to make this configuration either by yourself or ask your mobile phone provider for assistance.
- Once you've arrived at your destination, purchase a local SIM card and insert it into your mobile phone.
- In our web-based virtual telephone number management system, replace the temporary number you have assigned earlier with the number of your new SIM card.
- That's it! You are now able to place and receive calls without any roaming charges.
Incoming calls will be charged at a low per-minute rate (see our forwarding rates) and outgoing calls will be made from your local SIM at affordable rates charged by the local provider.